Monday, September 28, 2009

Pearl Jam review

Since I promised a Pearl Jam review, and I know regular readers of the blog (both of ya) are on the edge of your seat, a Pearl Jam review it is. Saturday night, Jodi and Rob attended the previously mentioned Pearl Jam concert. Trey stayed at the motel. He was invited, but did not want to go. The first hour of the concert was almost exclusively new songs, some good, some not so good. Its hard to sell angst when you are a multi millionaire I guess. Pearl Jam is anti -pop, no light show, no curtain, they started the show by walking on stage and saying "good evening" then right into the music. The last hour was gold, solid gold. While they did not play at least 5 songs they should have, the last hour was one hit after another from the "old days." The place was completely sold out, and everyone was signing along. Everyone should see them at least once in life! The observation I would make, not to get all philosophical on ya, but Eddie Vedder looked old. A little gray in his beard and hair, a few wrinkles on his face. So, by extension if Eddie is old, we all are old. There is my philosophical thought of the day. (by the way, he really did wear boots and flannel, they haven't changed wardrobe in years)

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can even name more than one Pearl Jam song, let alone an hour's worth! Of course I was probably busy listening to New Kids On the Block during Pearl Jam's heyday. By the way, the flannel, jeans and boots were probably Gucci or Prada, specially made to look old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny Krissy. Who wouldn't listen to New Kids on Block? I am sure you would recognize some of the songs even if you can't name them. You were sheltered in the 90's not dead! Jodi was checking the shoes out, and they were not Gucci nor Prada. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the last half of the concert. We had the same problem with Sheena Easton, she just looked old and made us feel old too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was raising Krissy during their hey day! But, PEOPLE magazine has an article and a picture on them this week, so I at least have seen them. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you do pay attention to people's comments on your blog!

    ReplyDelete